Highlighting people working for something greater than themselves.
Who illuminate those around them and are changing the world one relationship at a time.
Who are examples of action over fear.
- Talaya Frazier, The Founder and Director of CC4C October - CC4C is an Austin-based nonprofit that provides children with rare or undiagnosed conditions and their families in the Central Texas area with resources to help meet the child’s medical needs not covered by insurance or other financial assistance. Through community building, CC4C uplifts these children to bring joy and inspiration to their lives and gives […]
- Dr. Phillip Kemp, the founder of Hope Smiles September - Hope Smiles is a groundbreaking dental care and community development organization based in Nashville, Tennessee, providing emergency and comprehensive dental services in underserved communities locally, domestically, and internationally. The organization serves the uninsured, unemployed, oppressed, forgotten, and marginalized to not only rebuild teeth, but offer hope, love, and community. Hope Smiles is led by an […]
- Steven Lavaggi: The Artist of Hope August - This week, illuminare continues to give others hope and inspiration by promoting faith builders who are following their calling with action to help others around the world. Internationally acclaimed as the “Artist of Hope”, Steven Lavaggi is known for his imaginative, original paintings and grand scale murals, as well as his home decor and jewelry […]
- Alan Graham, President and CEO of Mobile Loaves and Fishes June - A man who is not only living out his calling but living IN it. Photo courtesy of Mobile Loaves and Fishes Alan Graham is the president, CEO, and a founding member of Mobile Loaves & Fishes, a social outreach ministry committed to providing permanent, sustainable solutions for the chronically homeless, with compassion, love, and dignity. Since […]
- Dr. Melissa Miskell, Executive Director of PINCC May - Dr. Melissa Miskell is a board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist who brings holistic medical practices to the needs of men and women going through the aging process. In 2006 she became a volunteer with Prevention International: No Cervical Cancer (PINCC), dedicated to providing cancer screening services in clinics across Africa, Latin America, and India. She now […]
- Heather Frierson, founder of Created Woman April - Heather Frierson is the founder of Created Woman, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that helps equip and empower women to recognize and embrace their God-given passions through resources and education. Heather and Rene sat down over coffee recently to discuss Created Woman and Heather’s ministry of helping women find relevant purpose in their lives All Things […]
- David Barstow: Founder of EMPACT Africa April - EMPACT Africa is a faith-based organization focused on helping pastors and their congregations in Sub-Saharan Africa combat the religious and cultural stigma of HIV and AIDS. Recently, Rene sat down with EMPACT Africa founder Dr. David Barstow to discuss his calling and the role faith plays in his work. All Things Faithful We each have a […]