“If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.”
― Meister Eckhart
Sometimes you go to bed on Monday evening and then you wake up Friday morning. Wondering where the week went, you do your best to recharge for the next week ahead. Before you know it, it’s the next week, the next month, the next year. Our lives are moving so fast, causing us to miss the important things that kept us going: the things we should be grateful for.
Every day we have something to feel gratitude for. It can be the worst day, filled with struggle and sadness, but in that, light shined ever so softly to provide comfort in the darkness. Whether an answered prayer, a friend who is continually there for you, or an internal strength that keeps you preserving, one way to honor these things and remembering the good is a gratitude journal.
Life does move fast, and that’s why keeping a record of all the beautiful things that have occurred is important. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. A gratitude journal will help you to stay present in today by recognizing the works happening all around you right now.
2. Documenting acts of kindness will remind you of those who love and support you each and every day.
3. You’ll find clarity in the patterns of what leads you to joy so you can fill your life with more intention.
4. Reflection is a calming and meditative practice that will quell stress.
5. Remembering the positive will lift your mood as you think back on what went right, instead of what was wrong
Ready to get started? Here are a few beautiful journals to check out to inspire beautiful thoughts inside: