Old Testament heroes are best known for their most celebrated moments: Moses dividing the Red Sea; David slaying Goliath; Gideon routing an insurmountable army; Joshua marching around the defiant walls of Jericho.
And Elijah—calling down fire on Mount Carmel.
Blinded by the remarkable narratives of our biblical heroes, we can forget they each had a backstory—months and years of development, even difficulty, which fortified their spiritual muscle and prepared them for the tasks that made their lives unforgettable.
Every serious believer longs to summon up the kind of boldness and faith that can stand firm on Mount Carmel and pray down heaven into impossible situations. Yet few are willing to go through the process required to get them there. Strength of faith, character, and boldness can only be shaped in the hidden fires of silence, sameness, solitude, and adversity. Those who patiently wait on God in the darkness emerge with their holy loyalty cemented, their courage emblazoned, and their confident belief in Him set afire.
Join Priscilla Shirer on this 7-session journey through the life and times of the prophet Elijah to discover how the fire on Mount Carmel was forged in the valley of famine. And how the emboldened, fiery faith you desire is being fashioned by God in your life right now.
Note that video access is not included with the purchase of this Bible Study book. To view the seven enriching teaching videos for this study (approximately 30–40 minutes per session), please purchase the Elijah leader kit.
- Leader guide to help with questions and discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions
- Articles to enhance your study and application of the content
- Elijah Bible Study Book does not include video sessions. Video Sessions are available in the Elijah Leader Kit.
- Understand the value of seasons of growth and testing in your spiritual maturity.
- Be encouraged to wait on God’s good work in your heart and mind, even in seasons when you feel like no one sees.
- Learn to trust in the goodness and faithfulness of God and His purposes for your life.
There are no reviews yet.